What Is Facebook-Free Friday?

Facebook-Free Friday is exactly what it sounds; a day when people take a break from Facebook and do something else. I know, it seems scary- but if we teenagers put our minds to it, we can accomplish AMAZING things.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Change Your Status, Facebook-Free-Fridays-Style!

Facebook statuses are important. They tell the world what we're up to, what mood we're in, and- in a way- who we are.   You can't pick just any status; it has to be perfect. It's like a prom dress. Okay, you don't actually wear your status, but you want something that fits your unique personality and stands out from the tedious crowd. And if you plan to have the same status for an entire day, the choice can become even more difficult. With that information in mind, here are ten statuses that I'd be proud to rock my friends' homepages with for an entire 24 hours.  Some are serious; some are, well, not.

  1. [name] is dead… or is she?
  2. I've decided to go back to nature, like in that Spongebob episode, so I'm giving up Facebook for a day. Look for me- I'll be the pantless yodeler sprinting through your backyard.
  3. 35 percent of young adults waste too much time on Facebook. SADFACE. Show your support by putting this as your status for 24 hours! (Oh, and by logging off Facebook.)
  4. Don't you hate it when adults say that teens have no life apart from Facebook? As part of the grassroots movement Facebook-Free Fridays, I plan on proving them wrong. See you in 24 hours!
  5. For the next 24 hours, I'll be on a secret mission with the FBI, so I won't be on Facebook… I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you!
  6. Only two people have enough willpower to give up Facebook for 24 hours: Chuck Norris and [name].
  7. Hey, adults, guess what? I can give up Facebook any time I want.
  8. Texting + Facebook =  textbook, but (-Facebook) + getting off the computer = anything you want.

What will your status be on the first Friday in February? Share your ideas in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment