What Is Facebook-Free Friday?

Facebook-Free Friday is exactly what it sounds; a day when people take a break from Facebook and do something else. I know, it seems scary- but if we teenagers put our minds to it, we can accomplish AMAZING things.

Friday, February 18, 2011

From Farmville to IRL: How to Give Up Your Favorite Facebook Games Without Actually Giving Them Up (part 1 of 4)

As a former Sorority Life "addict," (Hello, my name is Kayla, and I've been sober for more than three months), I know how addicting these games can be. However, I've also played a game with better graphics, more minigames, and cooler rewards than any Facebook game will ever have (at least in our lifetimes).
It's called real life.
Now, I'm not just saying this. I know how it feels to dance that happy mental meringue when your perfect, pouty avatar flaunts a brand new strapless gown, or sit back with a satisfied sigh after Petville has flashed the "All Clean."
Nevertheless, I can't help finding these games somewhat… pointless. Captivating, yeah, but still sort of pointless. So, do you want to give up your drug of choice, but don't know where to start? Help, as always, is (relatively and figuratively)close at hand!
I've compiled a short list of popular Facebook games and the activities that can replace them. (It's like nicotine gum for someone attempting to quit smoking.) My ideas might sound crazy (Kayla, what could possibly be more fun than Farmville?) but try them anyway. You might surprise yourself!
First up: Farmville. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment